Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chillin out in Pune

In Mumbai, I went to the Dadar train station, and with the help of my handy dandy compass, got off on the east side to find a taxi to Pune. Asking around, I was pointed in the right direction, and it was maybe a 5-10 minute walk to find a bunch of Pune-destined taxis. I think I paid like 250 rupees for the three hour shared taxi from Mumbai to Pune. We stopped at a rest area along the way that had a playground, how fun! haha.

I believe someone told me the Mumbai-Pune expressway was the first that was built in India?

But Pune was just a lot of chillin out... loooved it!! (Hooray for having wifi the whole time, haha!!) And met lots of people.

Oh, and for those that know Pune, I stayed in Koregaon Park, and I did not go to the Osho Ashram... Someone said to me, "You're the first foreigner I've met that's stayed in Koregaon Park and didn't go to the Osho Ashram." haha. I thought about going... but it just didn't happen... I have also been told that the shrewsbury biscuits are a Pune specialty... I never got around to trying those either. Hrmph. Next time, I guess.


And yes, I was chilling out in Pune just like Ronald McDonald does all around the world apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment