Monday, June 9, 2008

A week in Mumbai

Well! The Rajdhani Express from Delhi to Mumbai was my first train ride in India. It really wasn't bad, despite the 16 hour train ride turning into a 27 hour journey... it was made very much bearable because of the entertaining kids that were in my compartment. I was sharing the compartment with an Indian family, mom and two kids, who actually live in the US--Houston to be exact. There was a girl, 8, and a boy, 3... and omg the little boy was sooooo funny!!! He kept saying ridiculous things and doing ridiculous things, it was just so funny.

But overall, the train ride was relatively comfortable. (I was in AC 2-tier.)


I was in Mumbai for about a week. Lotssss of chillin out!! Which of course was great! ...met a ton of people in Mumbai... went to a few malls... of course I didn't buy anything, except food haha... saw a movie at the theatre (an American movie, ha)... ate quite a few home-cooked Indian meals... saw the Gateway of India and the Taj Mahal Hotel... took a stroll along Marine Drive... went to the planetarium... areas I wandered around were Colaba, Andheri, Goregaon, Bandra, and Worly... got comfortable riding the local train!! ...got a ride on a motorcycle! ...went to a couple of well-known bars/pubs-- Leopold's in Colaba, which is famous for foreigners visiting, and Toto's in Bandra, which... I forget why it is more well-known!

Ohhh yes!! And since it is rainy season, I should mention the weather!! Yes, it did rain quite a bit, however, because I did not experience the heavy heavy rains, I actually did like it when it rained because it was much cooler!! When the sun was out, it was just hot and humid!

No comments:

Post a Comment